Rollback cant write MBR

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sukarof, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I decided to give Rollback Rx another go now that there is a new version out. I have done this before without any problems:

1. Uninstalled FirstdefenseISR
    2. Installed Rollback
    but at the end of installation Rollback gives an error message telling me it cant write MBR.
    Rollback´s shedserv.exe (not sure I remember the file name right) loads on reboot but no tray icon. When I try to start rollback icon from the start meny it starts but closes down immediately. When I try to start the console from start meny it tells me Rollback is uninstalled.
    Any ideas? Would a uninstall/reboot a fdisk /MBR command from DOS and a new install help? or has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

This is why I prefer to restore from a disk image, as opposed to uninstalling software.
    In your case I suggest to uninstall Rollback RX and use fixmbr to rewrite a standard MBR.
    Then install Rollback RX again.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately it didn't help. Still wont update the MBR.
    I will try the previous version.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hi sukarof~ D/l and run rollbackclean.exe, that should do the job. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll upload it wherever you like. ~pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.