Rollback cant write MBR

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sukarof, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I decided to give Rollback Rx another go now that there is a new version out. I have done this before without any problems:

1. Uninstalled FirstdefenseISR
    2. Installed Rollback
    but at the end of installation Rollback gives an error message telling me it cant write MBR.
    Rollback´s shedserv.exe (not sure I remember the file name right) loads on reboot but no tray icon. When I try to start rollback icon from the start meny it starts but closes down immediately. When I try to start the console from start meny it tells me Rollback is uninstalled.
    Any ideas? Would a uninstall/reboot a fdisk /MBR command from DOS and a new install help? or has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

This is why I prefer to restore from a disk image, as opposed to uninstalling software.
    In your case I suggest to uninstall Rollback RX and use fixmbr to rewrite a standard MBR.
    Then install Rollback RX again.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately it didn't help. Still wont update the MBR.
    I will try the previous version.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hi sukarof~ D/l and run rollbackclean.exe, that should do the job. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll upload it wherever you like. ~pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.