ROFLMAO

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Longboard, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Google the software. Then look at some of the download sites, and the reviewer comments. Says it all.

3. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Quite amazing, but then again it is not. One big reason I only download from sites that I trust. As expected all of the sites that appeared on my first page of 100 hits in google were all fly by night, download sites.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I can attest to this article completely. I do create PAD files for all my software simply because it saves time when doing updates to the sites that do matter.

According to all the emails I have received over the past 2 years since my PhoneMGR software was launched, it has won over 100 5-star awards from various sites. Most of them I've never heard of nor submitted to. After doing some research, I found a lot of these download sites are owned by the same organization and they farm software within their own sites. So, one site gets it, you get 5-7 awards.

I'd love to believe that my software is so wonderful and perfect that all of those awards are earned, but I'm not that naive.

I have worked with FileCart and TuCows and MajorGeeks and know for a fact that they have a human in the loop.

Most of the sites I actually submit software to has a processing period and I can get feedback as to what is going on with it. Others, as soon as you click "submit", it says "Congratulations! Your software has passed all our tests and has received our prestigious 5-star award" or something like that. lol. its quite funny

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

more reliable for software review is here on Wilders as you already know.

For more then one reason its quite convenient to ''review'' software in VMWare or even Sandboxie.

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I write software and have never received a reward. Only complaints when something doesn't come out right. :mad: :thumbd: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.