Robot-Form

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by pmaldonado, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmaldonado

pmaldonado Registered Member

Hi Folks
    I'm new here, not sure if this is the correct place to post my question. Anyway, I've been hacked by a keylooger software installed in my computer and the person that did that stole my email and also my money deposit in my e-gold account.

Now, after install serveral antispy and antivirus programs i'm also using a software named robot-form that fill out automatically the passwords.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with that?

Thanks

2. thewolf

thewolf Guest

Actually, password managers like Roboform are not a complete protection against keyloggers. When you first input the passwords into the program your vulnerable, if you had a keyloggr they could be logged at that point.

Also when you use the password manager, it decrypts your password(s) and copies it/them to the Windows clipboard, which many keyloggers also monitor.

So really password managers like Roboform aren't a complete solution against keyloggers, but they can be helpful in many ways.

3. pmaldonado

pmaldonado Registered Member

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    I think i'll use robot form just to access emails and to do banking, i'll not use it.

Another question.
    When using the virtual keyboard provided by some banks. Can the key loggers
    see what the mouse are doing?

4. thewolf

thewolf Guest

See this thread for some more details on your question. Also check the links posted by Kareldjag. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=91851

Many keyloggers can be configured to take a snapshot of your screen at every mouse click, and some software keyloggers can still log your keystrokes while using a virtual keyboard, even if the virtual keyboard is set to Hover Mode. Hover Mode is simply a way to set the virtual keyboard so no mouse clicks are made to choose the keys, you just hover your mouse pointer over each key for x amount of seconds (usually no more than 3 seconds) to select it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.