Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Are amateurs testing the free or Pro version?

2. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

I, sg09 & other users too have mentioned here that there is a huge difference in detection between Roboscan & Bitdefender inspite of Roboscan using Bitdefender.

Today a user dannyyap2006 in Comodo Forum highlighted this issue.

I too checked on my system.

Just update Roboscan to the latest definitions & when it mentions its uptodate, rightclick the tray icon & click Roboscan Product Information & click Update History i.e Update History shows the latest definitions updates for the current date/day, compare it to the latest definitons updates for the currentl date/day mentioned on Roboscan website. There is a huge difference in the updates, the numbers are different & behind a lot & shows the huge difference. This limited updates may be the reason for huge difference in detection seen by us.

If I am missing something or wrong, plzz correct me.

dannyyap2006's post in Comodo Forum mentioning the issue & screenshots too.

https://forums.comodo.com/other-security-products/free-roboscan-internet-security-t82448.0.html

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  3. kyokodash

kyokodash Registered Member

Thanks for the information. :thumb:

4. khanyash

Did anyone compared RoboScan Free & Paid & checked if the paid version has full database & not limited database like free version or the paid version too has limited database?

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I just started using RIS Free on both my laptops. I'm pleased so far.

I was running UnThreat & Windows 7 Firewall Control. I like RIS Free better. And I feel better protected. All subjective of course. All 3 RIS Free processes total less than 21 MB at idle operations. Just so you won't have to look'em up like I did. They are: RSAgent.rse, RSRTSrv.rse & RSUpdSrv.rse.

6. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Scared to use it because unsure of detection rates o_O

7. Boost

Boost Registered Member

If your using a av program as your first line of defense,you should be worried about all them.

8. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Yes, but a HIPS w/ Roboscan is fine:thumb:

9. Boost

Boost Registered Member

You were worried,not me. I dont use AV programs,period.

10. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

**** this ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was forced to do system resore after installing this crap !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'm thinking user error. Works great here.

12. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Yeah works great here too. I installed it on some of my friends' computer too. No complaints so far.

Never get why not so many people use this.

13. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Yeah, good question? Anybody?

14. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Nah, not really, I guess. But there is no limited database..

15. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

Using DTA on Firefox, speed isn't that bad (1/4 of my max speed):
    -http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/7127594431_e9c723df9f_c_d.jpg-

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  16. khanyash

dannyyap2006 posted in Comodo forum on 28 Apr

Today, I tried Roboscan again and I found that the update problem seems like getting a solution to overcome the problem. Now, it has the latest virus definition as shown in their official website.

17. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

I thought I saw this icon somewhere, it looks strangely familiar. Now I know, I saw this program running on machines in an Internet Cafe near my university. The owner was Korean and this program was on the machines I've been using there, it had the Korean interface so i didn't know what it was and always close it lol (thought it was some kind of spyware :p)

18. khanyash

Does autoupdate works fine?

Does autoupdate triggers more than once a day as mention in the settings i.e frequency automatic?

19. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Narenbisht,

It has been updating every day for me.

20. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

In the comodo thread danny mentions that smart update (using p2p) is on by default ,however if you actually click "restore to default settings) from within the gui ,that option is not ticked.

21. khanyash

Yes, I think they have changed this now.

Previously smart update was checked by default but now it is unchecked by default.

22. khanyash

Here too when I tried it, it showed databases updated to the latest.

But when I checked the updated databases with the latest updated databases on their website, they were not the same, and the latest databases on my system were old compared to the website. Manual update also showed the database is latest when infact it was a day or 2-3 days old compared to the website. Danny also mentioned this update prob & I too have tried RoboScan 4-5 times but everytime the same update prob.

You say it updates regularly fine.

Can you plzz check the latest databases on your system with the latest databases on their website & confirm that you have the same latest databases as on their website?

23. ellison64

Im not 100% that auto updates work for me .Manual certainly does see screenshot.Im going to try disabling the update service and try it from task scheduler instead and see if that works.

Attached Files:

24. khanyash

I find the autoupdate have some glitch & does not work properly.

Can you check the latest databases on your system with the latest on the website plzz?

Right click tray icon & product info then update history, check the database numbers with the websites numbers. It would be good if you can post the screenshots.

25. ellison64

My data base seems to be the same at the website 7/5/2012.Im not sure where to locate the actual database number on the site?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.