RoboForm Toolbar positioning

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Jun 23, 2017.

1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have the Windows 10 Home operating system; Mozilla Firefox, version 54.0 as my browser and RoboForm, version 8.3.7.7 as my password manager. The RoboForm toolbar used to be at the upper position in my browser window, horizontal layout; but after updating RoboForm the toolbar disappeared. The only way I could get it to reappear was to select "Show lower RoboForm toolbar" in the Add-ons Manager. There is no selection "Show upper RoboForm toolbar." I have tried the other selelctions but when I do the toolbar again disappears. While I can live with this it is aggravating that I can't put it back where it was. Any other members experience this and if so were you able to reposition the toolbar? And, if you were would you mind telling me how you did it. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello @jpcummins,

I do not use Firefox but this could answer your questions: RoboForm for Windows Version News

3. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Have you tried putting in a Support Ticket to RoboForm. I run RoboForm on my two Win 7 computers and on my Mac. I had a few problems with RoboForm and had to put in a Support Ticket. If you put one in make sure you add your "Order Number" in the Subject line when you purchase the software. That speeds up the Support Ticket.

https://www.roboform.com/php/rtss/main/?lang=

4. AmazingM

AmazingM Registered Member

5. jpcummins

Thanks very much to those who responded to my post; somehow I missed the information explaining why the RoboForm toolbar would only be available in the lower position of the browser. As I previously said I could live with the toolbar not being in an upper position but I liked it better there. I was convinced it was something I had done. Good to know this time it wasn't me. Again thanks for the replies.

John

6. wiwul

wiwul Registered Member

Just curious to know..
    with the new version 8.3.7.7 - does your Google->'Sign In' work properly?
    with me, when I click on the login entry, the empty field is not filled.
    Normally it is filled, but not anymore.
    Tried with re-saving, but it doesn't work.
    Now I have Firefox password manager fill in these fields...

=

7. jpcummins

Other than the google search engine, which works as it always did, I do occasionally upload a video to YouTube. As I only do this occasionally I tried today to access it and it worked as it always has; other than that I don't access google. For what its worth I also occasionally use the Chrome browser. RoboForm 8.3.7.7 appears in the Chrome browser as a button rather then a toolbar which is okay but not as handy as the toolbar but does work. I have noticed that when I access Facebook that I have trouble using the toolbar and have had to resort to the login entry. Oh well...

8. wiwul

wiwul Registered Member

Thanks. However, what I meant is whe you have the Google home-page, then, at the right hand top corner, below the toolbar,
    there is this [Sign In] button.
    Click on that, supposing you were not signed in already.
    THen you will get a new sign in screen where you need to enter your email address plus password.
    Okay.
    Now in the past I needed to click on Google button in the Roboform toolbar and I would be signed in, fields were filled.
    This is not the case anymore, right now.
    Whe I click on the (new) Roboform button, the Google entry will show up alright, but clicking on it, nothing happens...

=

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.