RKU possible false positive

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by djg05, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have run RKU (latest) report scan it has shown up one possible infection as follows:-

NDIS is a wrapper by MS and fwdrv is part of Kerio 2.1.5.

I am using Win 2k and SSM

Any comments please

2. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Hmm interesting, perhaps you should post this in the other Rk unhooker topic and see if they can help. Here

3. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

I think you misunderstand how anti-rootkit tools work and report findings.

Then you will realize this is not a f/p but is a very positive detection of a hook by a legitimate software.

Rootkit detectors do not use signature bases to find their quarry,they look for other events/behaviours to unearth their targets.As such they cannot tell you whether something present is legitimate or bad thing.They report findings and with certain ante RK tools allow for removal.It is upto the end user to make the decision on the data recovered.

RKU is doing its job very well,more to the point maybe you should ask the question of why do the other tools miss this hook ;)

4. EP_X0FF

EP_X0FF Registered Member

NdisMIndicateStatus <- your Firewall hooked NDIS driver function. It is normal behaviour for firewalls.

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thank you. That is what I thought but just wanted clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.