Risk of True Image on XP SP1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by moboczky, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moboczky

moboczky Registered Member

I use XP Professional with SP1. Our corporate standard idoes not include SP2. I see in some references that XP SP2 is required.

Am I at risk using TI on SP1? If so, what is the risk?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It isn't mentioned under system requirements. I don't think it is a problem at all. Try the trial version.

3. moboczky

moboczky Registered Member

I have it installed and it seems to work, I just wanted to know if there was a "silent issue" that might impact me at an inopportune time (restore).

Thanks.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I'm not aware of any problem with TI 9 and XP SP1. It could be that the references you've seen about XP SP2 relate to the creation of a BartPE/Reatogo TI plug-in (needs a Windows XP + SP2 installation CD).

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello moboczky,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

May be you have been confused with the system requirements and supported operating systems (Chapter 1.4 "System requirements and supported media" of the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide). It says that one of the supported operating systems is Windows XP SP 2. This means that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports Windows XP including SP 2. So you are able to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home on Windows XP SP 1 system without any restrictions.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.