Rising Free Anti Virus 2009 updates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ghodgson, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi,
    For all the Rising Free AV 2009 users out there, (like myself), have you noticed that it looks like Rising has pulled the plug on Definition updates as of 9/Oct 2009 ?, presumably because Rising internet security 2010 has been fully released now. Last FreeRAV update 9/10/09, defs. ver 21.50.44, prog version 21.59.44.
    The programme still functions oK, so it's hips and previous defs are intact. Looks like we've been abandoned.

Regards Gordon

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Why does this remind me of the FREE firewall version, which at some point stopped being free and was asking for registration, which was later called by Rising as a "mistake"?

Their software policy is always like a riddle. You never know what's going to hit you tomorrow.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I moved on to another av weeks ago.
    It's not a surprise to me after the free firewall situation.

4. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

They told me to go to freerav.com and reinstall -_-

My reply was this:

"I will try. But I would like to say that each year the free version seem to have problems updating or with license. Updating the one of the most important things in an antivirus. People that have the free version could think that the paid version has this problem too and won't buy it. People usually don't like to keep reinstalling software so they work. You'll also loose all configuration and settings doing that. If Rising free is going to have some trial time it should be stated in the website."

On the other hand the firewall haven't stopped updating at all. I still have the free 2009 version.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  5. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

It updates you need the ravintfree one. I am showing 10-16-2009 updated

6. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

All this uninstalling and reinstalling is totally unsatisfactory particularly with a 60mb download.
    However, I've reinstalled it and it seems to be working/updating fine thanks.

Gordon

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. tipstir

Run FCleaner to remove all the crap and mean it does remove all of it more than it does with CCleaner but CCleaner is good on the registry to clean/fix problems.

Use Revo Uninstaller to remove RAVFree.exe don't reboot yet follow thru with Revo to rid the system of RAV Now reboot.

1st FCleaner
    2nd CCleaner
    3rd Install RAVINTFree.exe

System should be set all you need to do is update RAV reboot tweak configure you should be all set!

8. tekkaman

I wanted to mention that my dad's laptop wasn't affected by this. Because he kept Rising out of date. He was on October 1 or something. Then I updated it and there was no problems. Up to date it's still fine. It must be something that got downloaded from the updates in around october 7 or 8 that caused the problem.

9. tipstir

Could be you never know?

10. tekkaman

I wonder if the paid users had this bug as well or if it was just the free users. Probably we're just the black sheep :p

11. tipstir

Don't worry about it, as you know Rising Antivirus 2010 is almost available I just hope that they well offer the Free International one as well.

12. tipstir

RIS 2010 full goes on sale in China was released just in time for Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.