Rising AV/Kingsoft 2004 AV/CyberScrub AV/KV 2004 AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by majiktripp, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majiktripp

majiktripp Registered Member

Just wondering why there isnt as much discussion about the other different brands of antivirus available besides the good 'ol reliable ones. Have tried the trial versions of Rising AV 2004 and Kingsoft 2004 and was mightily impressed by both of them,there both chinese as far as i know and its good to see these english versions released.
    Have yet to test CyberScrubs Antivirus and gave KV 2004 a go but its all chinese although i believe they have an english version in the pipeline so am looking forward to trying that!.
    Having spent more time installing antivirus demos than playing games or doing work(!) I have found the most reliable to be F-Prot but i like to try the new commers to see what they can bring.
    Other worth while AV's are Solo AntiVirus and Protector Plus 2000 but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought now that the MKS_Vir's and F-Prots are giving Norton & McAfee (Evil incarinate, both of them!) a run for their money at last!

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

There is a discussion of Rising AV HERE.

A while back there was a thread about Cyberscrub, which (as I recall) re-packages a discontinued KAV product. You can do a search of these forums to find it.

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I tried rising tonite , but it doesnt seem to get on with boclean on my 98 machine.Everythings slow on default settings (rather like kav).It would probably be ok on a better and faster machine , though id be intrested in the results if anyones running it with boclean.
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.