Rising Antivirus Free Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Stumbled on Rising Antivirus Free Edition today. Any thoughts on this? According to Wikipedia RAV is used by half of all Chinese home computer users so should be good.

-http://www.freerav.com/-

Screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/1xgo4

sshot-28.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

It's been discussed before, but not for a long time..
    It can be quite good, crank up the settings and it has a really good proactive defense. The only problem I had when I used it (probably a year ago) was that I found it bulky and sluggish..

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Looks like you forgot to circle some processes. This program used to test pretty well for me years ago, but not as good in more recent tests.

Also if I recall, installation/uninstallation tend to be a lengthy process with this program. Slow downloads, reboots required, lots of hooks into the OS, etc...

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

if you research the company then you will discover that rising created malware it self.
    Not a company i would trust.:thumbd:

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I use their free Rising PC Doctor software which uses the Rising Cloud servers to scan. I have not seen many tests of it recently its on-demand scanner in Rising PC Doctor was decent for using alongside another AV. Risings real power in its Antivirus was its behavior blocker if I remember correctly.

6. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

I didn't find it bulky or sluggish, installation/uninstallation was very fast and smooth without any reboot required - and overall Rising AV feels very light on resources. I just wanted to know how it performs in terms of detection/malware removal.

7. simisg

simisg Registered Member

in 2011 all products !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.