Riot Isolator [Beta]

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hsdev, Dec 27, 2016.

1. hsdev

hsdev Developer

Welcome to Riot Isolator
    This is currently the beta version and only released on forums for receiving feedback.

header_ri.png

Most people use anti virus programs, but are not aware of the fact that many of new viruses are not detected within two weeks.
    After a year of infections 10% are still not detected.

How does Riot Isolator detect and prevent malware executions and damage?

ri.gif

Features:
    • Anti-RunPE
    • Anti-webcam
    • Anti-keylogger
    • Anti-screenshot
    • Anti-extension spoofing
    • Effective network monitor
    • Full drive and MFT eraser
    • System recycle bin cleaner
    • Anonym live online panel
    • Real-time packer information
    • Secure file and folder shredder
    • Block unwanted or all USB volumes
    • Unlock blocked/ used files with ease

Riot Isolator detects malware other do not!

virusanim.gif

System requirements:
    • Windows Vista or newer
    • .Net Framework 4
    • Windows Aero enabled
    • 1GB Ram
    • Dual core CPU
    • Up to six webcams
    • Up to six monitors

Privacy notice: We do not collect any data even for web features we can never identify you nor we save any data more than 24 hours.

100% free

dl.png
    Click here

License: HFL
    Riot Isolator
    Copyright (c) 2016 Hendrik Schiffer.
    All rights reserved.

You are free to redistribute and use the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially.
    Notwithstanding you are not allowed to edit or transform the material or bypass its security mechanism.
    Above copyright notice and appropriate credits need to be given.
    The licensor can revoke these freedoms at anytime.
    No warranties are given.

2. opm

opm Registered Member

Rebranded free hmpa ?

3. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Windows Aero enabled? o_O

4. hsdev

hsdev Developer

@fblais

Riot Isolator requires Windows Aero, otherwise many major functions cannot work. You can simply enable Windows Aero by choosing an Aero Windows theme. Windows 8 or newer operation systems always work since the required Windows function is always enabled.

5. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

It seems that on Windwos 7 when you disable Aero, hardware graphics composition gets disabled too, so you don't get the performance boost, you get the opposite.

Disable Aero to improve performance is one of the most popular Windows 7 myths.

6. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Hm... why does the GUI remind me of HMP.A?:isay:

7. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

I thought this also. I support developers of good products with my subscriptions and donations--not even browser and its extensions are "free". Why is this software free?

8. fblais

fblais Registered Member

On W7, I use the classic theme, does that mean Aero is disabled?
    I simply don't like the Aero theme.
    There's a basic theme also, but you can't change the colors, you're stuck with the pale blue.

9. guest

guest Guest

So which part of this software detects and block 0 day?

The anti thing sounds good but just focus on a small part of the attacking surface

10. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

@fblais
    Yes, both classic and basic theme means that Aero is disabled. Good news is you can disable transparency when using the Aero theme.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

How does using Aero enhance protection. This thing doesn't even make me curious.

12. guest

guest Guest

While I'm a big fan of free beta software with potential, it's a big turn-off to see a GUI almost identical to another product mentioned above. With a bit more effort, this can look like a much more legitimate software.

13. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

+1.

Pass!

14. fblais

fblais Registered Member

15. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I wondered why I was impressed with the GUI. Usually new [not major brand] software GUI's suck.

16. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

There is nothing special with the design of the UI.
    It makes use of live tiles.
    It's called Modern-UI, formerly Metro-Design, by Microsoft

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  17. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

No, I know about the concept of first-time beta software and its being free to those who want to test it. I was more wondering about this software's having so many features that would almost demand its being a paid-for product, and if released to the public, what would be its cost. Are there any other products in the portfolio?

Hiltihome: I just saw your post as I was writing this. I'm not going to nitpick (yes I am) but live tile use isn't mandatory among user interfaces, the layouts are strikingly similar and the little icons resemble those under Risk reduction on the Alert's interface. It's a bit close!

18. guest

guest Guest

If i place the window of HMP.A over the screenshot above, it nearly fits :isay:
    It seems to be an all-in-one solution:
    Riot Isolator = Ghostpress + OW Shredder + ScreenWings.
    These are tools from the same author.
    The help-file is not available - 404 error ...

19. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

OK thnx for info, mood.

:cautious:

20. guest

guest Guest

404:

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

ScreenWings? :doubt:

22. guest

guest Guest

ScreenWings is capable of preventing screenshots. This feature is included in Riot Isolator:

23. hsdev

hsdev Developer

@mood @plat1098 I forgot to upload the PDF file. You can read up most important information here:
    https://hendrik.tf/software/riot_isolator/help.pdf I am already working on a bigger update which brings 3 new major features for the next version. There are even some plans for letting users customize their own UI via some settings files.

@plat1098 @Alkajak @Buddel
    The GUI inspiration was actually from an arts website where people upload sketches. I like metro design so I searched for this tag. Then I created this GUI sketch after I found an interesting graphics sketch:

Demo.png

Since my friends did not like the colors I chose to stick similar to the Visual Studio(IDE) dark color set with the glowing borders which I personally love.
    @plat1098 mentioned similar icons: I am using a lot system symbols from the font called Segoe UI Symbol and my range of icons is quite limited then.

@plat1098 At the moment I am only collecting donations to pay the costs I have. Due the low donations I switched the domain to a cheaper host and removed the donation part from the website. Beside of the server costs I pay designers for advanced graphics I cannot create(ea. application logo).

@Peter2150 @Krusty @fblais When you have Aero enabled you have access to some new API features which I require for some protection features in my application.

24. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well two thoughts.

1. Since I have excellent protection now, I see no point in fooling with something requiring aero.

2. I detest the name and wouldn't have a product with that name on my system

25. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

I guess this program is intended for average users. Not geeks from Wilders. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.