Right Click Shell MenuLink Borked.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tempnexus, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

When I right click on a file and tell it to scan it...it just displays an Hourglass for about 10 sec and then nothing. I have a retail version of the software but I shut it down from REalTime protection since it sometimes slows down my system and I've allready have BoClean running as RT protection (No I am not dissing TDS but sometimes too many things in the background can get annoying). So I wonder what could be wrong with it? How can I reenable the right click scanning? Or change it's path?

Thanks

P.S.
    WinXP Pro

2. tempnexus

Found out the culprit...it wasn't borked...I had 5 instances of TDS-3 running in my memory but none of them were displaying anything on the screen (no visual representation of TDS-3..strange). I've closed them all and queried TDS3 again and it loaded fine....oh well.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Tempnexus good you found it out, but you should not be able to have more then one instance of TDS running at all! Or was it in several users accounts at a time?

4. tempnexus

Well I've tried to rightclick scan menu on a specific trojan a few times...and then I've tried running it by doubleclicking on the exe file...that is the reason why I had multiple instances running. Somehow the TDS3 executed but it would not display...and each time I executed it, it got ranned into memory but would not display...a strange behavior. So far I could not reproduce it.

5. 2cpus4me

2cpus4me Registered Member

Do you have zero byte files (the ones you were checking) showing up in your TDS-3 Installation directory?

I have a similar scenario. When you right-click on stuff its like nothing happens. No log entry, the status windows does nothing. However, if I right-click on a folder or directory it works fine and lists the status for each file that it checks in the folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.