Right-click problems on system tray

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pykko, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I have an annoying problem for some while ago... I thought it will go, but no. :(

Almost whenever I right-click on a program in systemtray the respective menu appears for less then a second then disappears. I right-click again and the same thing happens. After 4-5 operations like that the menu finally gets its head out of the systemtray :D
    What should I do to fix the issue ?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Try a new mouse, first of all.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Can this be due to the mouse? :( It's pretty new. Only in systemtray I have this problem.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No it can't be the mouse, because it's working properly, except in the system tray area. A mouse is too stupid to function here and to malfunction there.
    I don't know the solution either. My system repairs itself automatically like in the SF-movies, because I hardly know how to fix problems myself.

Can't you restore an image to fix it ? Maybe a google search to find info about repairing system tray icons.

5. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

You dont mention which program you are talking about,which makes it difficult.Who knows?

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

*Respective, meaning any HC. ;)

If you've been able to confirm by substitution it's not a mouse issue, then possibly one of "focus."
    Provide a list of all turtle's :D application's typically running in your tray Pykko.

========================

Try this as well Pykko, from a somewhat similar condition. Boot fresh, then one at a time, left to right, right to left, make's no difference .... rt clk for each icon's menu without motioning the cursor over any of the other's. Do initial finding's still stand? Can you remember adding any new hardware devices around the time you mention this problem surfacing?

I doubt one twenty one, left side here would make much difference. View the script to reveal both location and value.
    The above's increase, here's rebuilding the icon cache - http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/icn_sys.html#iconcache

Additional idea's - http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-4422-Win-XP-system-Tray.html

*No joy? Don't forget that list girl! ;)

GF

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Any Image Backup/Restore software would solve this. There are so many of them.
    I you want a name : ShadowProtect Desktop.
    I don't need softwares that repair icons in the system tray, not even when they aren't functioning properly. :)

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Pykko,
    Just curious.
    Is this a wireless mouse; or an optical mouse; or a mouse with roller ball?
    What OS is in use?

9. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello and sorry for not answering these days.
    I've used the icon cache rebuilder and apparently it worked. I hope it will work after reboot also. :D

I have an optical mouse and I haven't recently installed any new hardware. My systemtray icons are usually belonging to Avira, Comodo, Yahoo Messenger, Volume Control, ApexDC++ and LAN connection.

10. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

If she, he :D continues to function after reboot, good. Till next time Pykko. ;)

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.