Right-Click Options from Systray Icon

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by johnpd, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

Has there been a change to the options when you right-click on the NOD32 Systray icon? Yesterday I installed the latest version of NOD32 on a relative's computer and it shows only the following items:

> Open Window
    > Computer Scan
    > Update
    > About

I have v3.0.621 and it shows

> Open Window
    > Computer scan
    > Update
    > Advanced setup
    > Disable antivirus and antispyware protection
    > Log files
    > Quarantine
    > About

Is there a setup option to enable these extra items?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

try changing display to advanced (not standard)

3. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

Thanks

4. J-Mac

J-Mac Registered Member

I have this same problem, but I am alrewady using the Advanced Setup.

Oddly, I have a desktop PC running Win XP Pro SP2 and "Disable AV & AS Protection" shows in the systray menu. I also have a notebook PC running Vista Ultimate but no such item in the systray menu.

Activities such as installing Vista SP1 are continually made next to impossible because NOD32 is slowing the process dramatically. (E.g., no Automatic Update has been accomplished in less than 1 hour + because the process ekrn.exe is using more of my CPU resources than the updates themselves!

I have been through my settings multiple times but I cannot seem to get this to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you.

Jim

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, please check the system temp folder and delete its content. Windows updates are downloaded in archives that are subsequently unpacked to the system temporary folder and scanned. This operation may take time if the folder is full (if there are thousands of obsolete temp files).

6. J-Mac

J-Mac Registered Member

Thanks Marcos, but that isn't the problem. System Temp files have been cleaned - done weekly. (Manually, not automatically).

Also, the issue I am looking fior assistance with is NOD32 not having the "Disable..." item in the systray menu. Not the updates.

Thanks!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.