Right click context menu:

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

There a way to "thin the herd" in this menu? (I do have ShellExView, which may deal with that), OR, does one have to go thru' all apps that offer to incl. themselves in this menu and uncheck the box there, if that is an option?

2. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I use Hace MMM+. Lets you customize your context menus. Not only the right click on files but also on the taskbar, startmenu, etc..

Before that I used to dig into the registry. Got tired of doin it manually though.

Dina

3. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

I also use MMM+. It allows you to hide unwanted context menus entries for any file type. If hiding them is not what you want, you can put those entries into a "rarely used" context menu that opens into a folder. 2 things to note:
    1. If you uninstalled the app, everything goes back to how it was.
    2. The app needs to run if you want to keep the context menu tidy. It runs on start up, which takes some RAM from you.
    But over all, it is light on resources and allows you more customization with your CM. Good luck.

4. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Microsoft's Tweak UI did the job for me. Somewhat. The other things I manually removed.

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.