rgent MyPrevx ALERT but no infecton found??

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tdanley74, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdanley74

tdanley74 Registered Member

I keep getting emails "Urgent MyPrevx ALERT - You have infected systems" that my laptop is infected with TROJAN.AGENT.GEN SETUP_312S2[1].EXE

But, I have run the scanner on my PC 5 times now, and its found nothing. The icon is green. But the email specifically says my pc is infected. I can't figure out what in the world is going on.

Its it infected or not and how do I clean it or get he system from stop thinking i am infected if its not finding anything ...

somebody help please o_O

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

It would be best to Send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com with a link to this thread and that should help out!

TH

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  3. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

I'll get the dev team to take a look at the wording of these emails, as I think the wording might be the same even if you simply "encounter" an infection which was blocked.

Therefore if you have realtime protection, encountered a piece of malware which was blocked, and didn't in fact "infect" your system - I believe the email might still contain the wording you stated above, which obviously isn't entirely accurate.

4. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

in the past i have reported an instance of this,

i was getting a file infected in myprevx, yet the scanner on my machine was green/clean.

never had it happen since, but even after it was apparently fixed in myprevx, the infection still happened on a daily basis for another 2 weeks or so, and then it suddenly disappeared from myprevx.

strange - but it has happened before. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.