[RFE] HIPS -> Log all blocked operations managed by policy

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Geosoft, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hi There,

Just requesting an enhancement to ERAS so that HIPS -> Log all blocked operations checkmark can be selected as an option through ERAS Policy or client configuration. This option is currently not available and has to be managed at the client level.

2. Geosoft

Notify when changes occur in startup applications would also be worthwhile.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We'll check it out. However, bear in mind that logging all blocked operations is supposed to be used for troubleshooting purposes and enabling it may result in slower system performance as well as generation of large logs.

4. Geosoft

Yep. Well aware of that, but it could be handy in troubleshooting to see if other areas of the business are affected by the same problem. :)

Maybe a note on the setting can be stated that it is discouraged to use this setting, and should only be used for troubleshooting?

For example, I thought it was HIPS that was causing this bug from happening since it only happened after a reboot was completed after the upgrade. I manually set a few workstations to track logs only to find out that I just needed to set exclusions. Then I had to cycle around to disable the logs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.