Revenue.net -cookie

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Valtteri, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valtteri

Valtteri Guest

SpywareBlaster doesn't know Revenue.net-cookie (I don't know is there revenue-spyware too, maybe) and I'm having a lot of Revenue.net-pop-ups, most of them are BrowserCleanser-pop-ups. How can I stop thease cookies to come to my computer?

2. hoho

hoho Registered Member

Well if their cookies I adivse you to get spysweeper. It has a cookie sheild what you just keeped on at all times and it should get rid of them. If you want it go to kazaa and put in it spysweeper. Make sure you dl the full version it should say it is the full version or me at least 2mb and no more then 3mb. Their usally 2.5mbs big if you do not get the full version you will not be able to update your definitions and a message will come up every so offten asking you to buy the full program. But I am pretty sure next patch they will have that on spyblaster will have it.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I do not recommend downloading security software off kazaa. You could easily get virus or trojan infected versions. You should always download software from the vendor's website or their approved mirror sites only!

Now, since this isn't the spysweeper forum, let's not continue the discussion about that product here.

Valtteri - Javacool will look at the Revenue.net-cookie and if it is spyware, I'm sure he'll add it to a future version of SpywareBlaster. In the meantime, you could just block it in IE6's Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit button > add the site name and "always block" option. (This is essentially what SpywareBlaster does to block spyware cookies.)

4. hoho

hoho Registered Member

Ya that why you have a virus scanner :D

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yeah, and if the scanner is a little behind, or you get an altered version of the malware you could end up reformatting your system... No thanks.

Wilders does not recommend doing any of this! Enough said.

6. hoho

hoho Registered Member

90% of the time you get the same hanter virus over and over. That about all you get and mcafee is never behind(unless it is some super new virus) and on top of that i got a router. So I have 2 firewalls 1 virus scanner and restore points. Been using kazaa for a year now and have not encountered a new virus I keep getting the same to the hanter virus and some other worm virus. Besides if you think like that better not open any emails you never know they could have some too.

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thanks for the report! I'll add the protection against the Revenue.net tracking cookie in the next SpywareBlaster database update. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.