Reve Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jjc225, Mar 9, 2016.

1. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Does anyone know anything about this company? All I can tell is it is based in Singapore. Is Reve antivirus any good? Which antivirus engines does it use?

https://www.reveantivirus.com/

2. Aura

Aura Registered Member

3. haakon

haakon Guest

Installed REVE_InternetSecurity_x64.exe on Windows 10 Pro test system...

Bitdefender Core (the "Bitdefender engine"), BD Anti-Spam/Phishing and BD Parental Controls running under four services:
    Reve Antivirus Engine service
    Reve Antispam
    Reve Connector
    Reve Security

Nimbus and Gonzales components are present indicating BD's cloud services support; I made no attempt to determine to what extent.

No other BD components (AVC, IDS, etc.) were discovered.

Local proxy (127.0.0.1) is used for the Antispam engine.

As with BD products, parental controls setup and config requires an account. For this it's at myaccount.reveantivirus.com.

Reve provides an xpi for Mozilla Browsers. This doesn't look to be TrafficLight and seems to be an extension of Reve design and hitting amazonaws while surfing.

I did not check for IE/Edge stuff.

Reve IS uses the Windows Firewall. I disabled WFW prior to install and Reve enabled it. On and Off looks like the only setting - if there's something deeper than that, I didn't find it.

MS C++ and Studio 2010 were installed during the Reve install.

Reve registers in Action Center.

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Nice piece of detective work! :thumb:

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I'm surprised that no one has commented about the GUI yet, it looks ugly to me. But GUI is not important to everyone.

6. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I haven't seen any screenshots of the GUI so can't comment, but if it is like most new Metro looking GUI's then :thumbd:.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

There are some screeshots here. Click on the different sections at the bottom left of the page to see more screenshots.

I don't like the GUI either. But the main points for me are does it have the option to prompt for what action to take when a threat is found, rather than automatically quarantining it, and how light is it?

I might install it when I get time.

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just gave this a try. It told me my license had expired, despite me selecting to install it as trial. Due to the expired license I was unable to get it to update the definitions.
    I only had a very quick look at it. The user interface is very basic. You can select to do nothing when a threat is found, but there is no option to be prompted for what action to take.

When you buy it, you get access extras such a registry cleaner and disk defragmenter. It comes from India, not Signapore.

There are definitely better Bitdefender based antiviruses.

9. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

10. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

Definitely, a keeper...:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.