Returning a product bought from Amazon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Jan 15, 2018.

1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, I need some info about Amazon. I have first time purchased an item from Amazon. It is this tablet.

https://www.amazon.com/ZenPad-2048x...=1516054210&sr=1-3&keywords=asus zenpad 3S 10

Tablet is shipped to me in Saudi Arabia. Everything about the tablet is fine. It seems a good android tablet. Only thing is that it is not 100% up to my expectations. Also I am getting a good deal for a very little usede Pixel C tablet and I am inclined to buy that Pixel C.

My question is that can I return the tablet to Amazon( without any solid reason)? If yes, how much refund I am going to get? I received the tablet about 2 weeks back and it is in mint condition with all the box, packing etc.

Any one has experience/ info about this stuff?

Thanks

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Amazon's website is super easy to get support on. Why not call them and tell them you want to return it as it is not up to your expectations?

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Is it feasible to call the support from outside US?

4. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

I have lots of Amazon experience and with the caveat that my experience is as a US buyer here's the story...

Given your situation as stated above, I believe Amazon will allow you to return the item but you will have to pay the return shipping. The only situations when Amazon will pay for return shipping are if the item received is not what you ordered, not what was listed, defective, not operating properly, damaged, or the like...

5. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

A- The product you listed was not bought from Amazon- looks like it was from a third party on the Amazon marketplace, so it is all about the Return Policy from whomever actually sold it to you.

This may be confusing as it was shipped from the Amazon Fulfillment Center. All they do it to store and ship product from third parties (obviously for a nice fee), and Amazon only guarantees that the product will be shipped to you without damage. Product warranty would be from the 3rd Party.

M

6. Infected

Infected Registered Member

I agree. I've returned a lot of items before. They want positive reviews for Amazon, even if they have to lose some money to get it..

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the replies. I have sent them an e-mail and I am waiting for the response.

8. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

What did you not like about it?

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Nothing much. It is basically a comparison with pixel C. I think pixel C has better screen and also better battery life plus latest Android oreo. Otherwise it is a decent tablet. And actually I am not worried much if I am forced to keep it rather than returning.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

They replied the mail and asked me to send it back and they will refund full money plus the shipping charges. That sounds too good.
    I have a follow up question, what they are going to do with the products returned by customers with no defects just like my case. Do they repack them as new or what? I mean if they sell it as used they are going to loose a lot of money for no reason.

11. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I do not think you need to worry as long as you can prove that you sent the device back. Send it registered and for signature. This way if you do not get the refund you can go to Amazon with the proof and they will intervene. I have had a similar instance to this happen and Amazon wound up paying me back and closing the offending parties account. As to what they are going to do with the returned device,,,,,no one here can know that so any further comments in this regard would be pure speculation.

Keep in mind that sellers want good reviews, its their lifeblood and in this circumstance you should, once you get your refund (assuming Amazon does not have to intervene) give them a very good review, they do deserve it.

12. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I will admit I am a Amazon fanboy. Have been dealing with them since they opened. Back then bought all my books from them out of his garage. Never had a problem with them. Not once!

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Tablet was actually sold by Amazon, they're is some problem with my first link.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.