Returnil vs. SteadyState

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by sys_eng, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sys_eng

sys_eng Registered Member

What are the significant differences between Returnil and Windows SteadyState? I have not used either and would like to know more before trying one.

Thanks.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Windows SteadyState is a much larger more comprehensive program largely created for the IT community but since it is free, anyone can download and install it. It will probably have many features that you will never use. One advantage is that you can install and test new software programs and they WILL REMAIN following a reboot. SteadyState will retain everything until you tell it to go back in time.

Returnil is an easier to use program but cannot retain software testing after a reboot. SteadyState is free whereas the full version of Returnil requires a yearly renewal just like an anti-virus. To repeat myself, Returnil is going to be easier to use and most folks will never use all the features of SteadyState.

Both programs have pdf manuals that you can download and study before trying them out. Good luck.

Acadia

3. sys_eng

sys_eng Registered Member

Thanks Acadia for the clear explanation. I have been unemployed for 23 months so cost is a big concern for me and that will probably be the determining factor.

Many programs require a reboot after installation in WIndows; therefore, that appears to be an important feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.