Returnil Virtual System 2006

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by tradetime, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

2. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

hi.tradetime.i have used returnil 1.58 for a while now i find that it works good on my system.i also use shadowuser.on another image i have.i think returnil is i little bit lighter than shadowuser.i hope this helps.cheers...

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Thanx for that.

4. sucilee

sucilee Registered Member

I love this tool very much.

5. hurzelpurzel

hurzelpurzel Registered Member

Strange, one of the authors of the tool goes by the handle "sucilee" as well ... coincidence?! :rolleyes: ... shouldn't you be honest about your relationship to a product when making such statements? I also love my applications and love to endorse them ...:D

The tool is not too sophisticated given the fact that you (or malware, of course) have no chance to save data on the respective volume. This renders a system almost unusable ... at least for how I use a computer (which also involves constant tweaking of settings). I also happen to revert to some backups from time to time, yet this is my choice and also gets me rid of any nasty things in case something got onto my system meanwhile. Returnil only lets you make this choice for the next bootup. But since it does what it promises and seems to be otherwise harmless, I consider it potentially useful for others. So I don't want to put down the product just because I cannot make any use of it. Also one should note that it has a very reasonable pricing.

There are other (non-technical) issues with Returnil which will soon be covered in a separate thread!

// Oliver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.