Returnil Question

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by capatt, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capatt

capatt Registered Member

Hello
    I'm new to Returnil, having used Sandboxie for years. So, a few questions (I'm using Vista):

1. What's the memory footprint and CPU usage? How many running processes?
    2. Should System Restore be turned off? I assume any restore points created will be lost on reboot.
    3. Any special considerations with regard to UAC?
    4. Are there conflicts with any other application whatsoever?

BTW, now that Castlecops is gone and along with it the Returnil forum, this seems to be the only place to discuss it.

2. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

1) No exact figues for you - but in my experience, it runs fast and light - cant tell any difference if its active or not.

2) You can keep system restore turned on. Everything will be lost when you reboot.

3) UAC - now, with the current release, there is an issue with the context menu in IE7 - see here - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=224381 - however, this is resolved with the latest beta - contact coldmoon for this.

4) Im only aware of 3) above.

Hope this helps.

happy New year.

MZ

3. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

There's no conflict with other apps that I know of.

However, IMHO Returnil still has a few improvement margins:
    1) The ability to disable / logoff system protection without reboot.
    2) The ability to automatically commit folder contents on exclusion list to HDD.
    3) Session lock on all system partitions instead of just drive C:\.
    4) The ability to save changes in virtual system and have it work across reboot without committing to HDD. This is especially useful when testing out software that requires a system reboot.

All in all Returnil is a very stable software that I never had any grief with, unlike Shadow Defender, Power Shadow and others. I'm running it on my Vista HP 32bit system with complete satisfaction. Highly recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.