Returnil Pro 2011 - "back to our roots"

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by acr1965, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Yeh, and you have to buy a minimum 5 licenses. :thumbd: :thumbd:

They may have 'listened' but not to any home users.

3. illicit

illicit Registered Member

Looks like 5 license minimum only applies to commercial license.

4. Scoobs72

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Check the comparison chart from the OP, it also gives links to buy the Pro home and Pro commercial versions.

6. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Yes it says 5. :thumbd:

7. Scoobs72

The comparison chart is for Returnil System Safe, not for Returnil Pro 2011, the subject of this thread. There is a minimum of 5 seats for Returnil Pro 2011.

8. icr

icr Registered Member

Good to see they providing AV for free(I guess they didn't provide this feature in their previous version sorry if I am wrong:oops: ) But I still prefer the plain old version w/o the AV:isay:

9. illicit

illicit Registered Member

10. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi All,
    The new Returnil Virtual System Pro 2011 series has a 5 seat minimum and is designed as an alternative for our networking customers; especially those with current licensing for other solutions that are still current. There will not be a single seat consumer variant nor is there a freeware version planned.

For consumer level solutions, Returnil System Safe 2011 is still the applicable product with a new build released today with performance improvements and a new autosave feature for the File Manager (autosave 1 min - 24 hours as well as at account log-off and computer shutdown).

Mike

11. Scoobs72

...which comes with it's own anti-virus (which many people don't want or need) and associated price . The gap in your product portfolio is a straight virtualisation solution for the home market. I appreciate that you've made a conscious business decision that this isn't something you want to offer, but it's frustrating for home users when you have the product we want, but you're just not prepared to sell it to us.

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

x2 I want the simple version I had in 2008. No AV no AS, just virtualization. This is what drove me to Shadow Defender. I am happy with my AV and AS apps. :p

13. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

o_O

Ditto :thumb:

14. subset

subset Registered Member

This is exactly what I read all the time.
    When I translated RVS 2008 to German, there were a lot of happy users.
    Now everyone dislikes Returnil because of the AV. Sometimes I think I translate this program only for myself, no one wants to use it.
    And now they have something to offer, but Returnil goes business.
    Bye bye end-users.

Cheers

15. philby

philby Registered Member

Absolutely!

I've abandoned Returnil and reverted to Sandboxie and laborious image-reinstatements since the move away from straightforward virtualisation + a simple, problem-free AE.

The AV component in combination with the rather forgetful AE element was causing too many annoyances, even when off or with exclusions set.

Shame.

philby

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  16. culla

culla Registered Member

+1 still using 2008 here glad i kept the installsetup :rolleyes:

17. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Returnil AV/Cloud/Activation bugs drove me to Wondershare Time Freeze. I do not like online activation as n each OS reinstallation, you have to contact support for key reset. WTF is working great and offers me another great option at each restart.
    Returnil will be more interested in commercial software ($$) than free builds.

18. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Wouldn't the approach of file and folder exclusions as implemented in RVS Lite 2011 have been simpler? I prefer the comfort of knowing that as soon as I save changes within an application the changes get written to the real system without waiting for an autosave to kick in.

What if the system hangs or crashes before the autosave gets a chance to save data? I know the autosave can be set to run every minute but why have another background task firing every minute when file and folder exclusions solves the problem in a simpler way? Also, file and folder exclusions remove the need for a virtual disk to save documents for those users who only have a single disk partition.

I'm disappointed because I thought that RVS System Safe 2011 would develop into a superset of RVS Lite 2011. As it is, Returnil seems determined to develop and maintain two entirely different versions of the program instead of merging the features into a single product set with a unified vision as to the way forwards. As the flagship product for home users, RVS System Safe 2011 should contain ALL of the features of RVS Lite 2011, and more besides, with the exception of Remote Management which belongs in an enterprise version. Lite should mean light, not different IMO.

The lack of file and folder exclusions, together with the lack of support for multi-partition virtualisation were key decision factors in causing me to switch from Returnil to Shadow Defender in the first place. And no, I don't want to consider using RVS Lite 2011 because it is clearly aimed at corporates, not home users, with its Remote Management feature and minimum 5 seats.

Along with others in this thread, I too think that RVS System Safe should be offered with the option of not having the antivirus at a slightly cheaper price for those who already have their own anti-malware solution in place and only want an added virtualisation layer.

19. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I wish I had the 2008 setup. I was unable to find it. I am using the 2011 edition and disabled the virus scanner but still it would be nice to not have it at all.

20. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

-http://rapidshare.com/files/206567577/RVS_2008_free.exe-
    Personal Edition (RVS_2008_free.exe) MD5 a3a79f3f7caf4bb9b20a727bc9a0f273

21. Coldmoon

Hi all,
    Just a note to relieve stress and let you know changes are coming regarding a consumer level option (single seat paid version) for RVS Pro 2011. There are still some back-end and e-store changes to be made, so keep your eye out for the "official" announcement when this is complete.

Mike

22. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Thanks! :cool:

23. Coldmoon

24. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Is it the same as Returnil Pro 2011 for business except without the remote management or does it contain the remote management?

25. subset

subset Registered Member

Just installed RVS Pro and it shows "Unregistered FREE version" and license expires in 2 years.

Is there really a Free version of RVS 2011 Pro or is this a little mishap?

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.