Returnil Home Free - subscription expired?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by dockster, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dockster

dockster Registered Member

I have the Returnil Personal Edition, 2008 version.

The icon went grey -- it says License Information: Expired Verison.

Questions:
    1) How do I renew? It simply gives me choice to register.
    2) It still says protection status "ON" -- so can I just do nothing (leave it as is) and will it still work?
    3) Followup on 2 - is anything disfunctional now that the license is 'expired'?

Why does it expire after one year?

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

1) If you still have the installer then just uninstall and then reinstall the program to get another years use from it.
    2) I can't answer that but you would need to disable protection anyway to uninstall and reinstall.

I don't remember exactly the explanation given...something about updating to new versions when available. Personally I never agreed with the expiration thing, but hey, it's a free program. We can't complain too much.

3. dockster

dockster Registered Member

Thakns for the response. I think I wrote it originally wrong. If I leave it 'license expired' -- is there any part of the program that is now disabled? ie -- what is the effect of having an expired license?

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

When the license expires in RVS 2008:

1. System Protection (virtualization) becomes non-functional, but only after you deactivate the virtualization (no sudden loss of protection). If you restart, this will happen automatically.

2. The Virtual Partition will still continue to function and will remain accessible.

There are two ways to address this:

1. As Firebytes explains: If you have the installer file, simply uninstall and then reinstall. This will reset the licensing. (HINT: when 2008 installs, the installer file is copied and becomes the uninstaller if you do not have this available...)

2. Upgrade and register RVS 2010 Home Free

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.