Returnil flags Hitman Pro as Trojan! (FP?)

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Mr Wonderful, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Wonderful

Mr Wonderful Registered Member

Was downloading Hitman Pro and Returnil flag it as a Trojan.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Mr Wonderful,
    I just downloaded from C|Net and then ran an additional custom scan on the installer file after download and did not get a hit. Possibilities:

1. The file you downloaded is a cracked version or is infected
    2. Your RVS VG database is corrupted
    3. Your RVS VG signatures are out of date

Try the following:

1. Force a new signature update and then perform a Quick Scan - Is the file still detected? If yes, go to #2
    2. Try downloading the file from C|NET (http://download.cnet.com/Hitman-Pro-3/3000-2239_4-10895604.html) - Is the file still detected? If yes, shoot a note to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with a reference to this thread and we can assist to resolve the DB corruption issue

Mike

3. Mr Wonderful

Forgot to mention the file was scanned with a2, mbam and uploaded to virustotal. Result's were clean.

I updated the VG database and scanned the file. The result was clean. :thumb:

One more question if you don't mind.

Does VG auto update?

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Yes, the frequency is on the preferences > Communications TAB in the Automatic updates section.

Mike

5. Mr Wonderful

Oops. Completely missed that tab. I thought it was only for proxy. Anyways thank you Mike for the prompt responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.