Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Mr Wonderful, Mar 31, 2010.
Was downloading Hitman Pro and Returnil flag it as a Trojan.
Hi Mr Wonderful,
I just downloaded from C|Net and then ran an additional custom scan on the installer file after download and did not get a hit. Possibilities:
1. The file you downloaded is a cracked version or is infected
2. Your RVS VG database is corrupted
3. Your RVS VG signatures are out of date
Try the following:
1. Force a new signature update and then perform a Quick Scan - Is the file still detected? If yes, go to #2
2. Try downloading the file from C|NET (http://download.cnet.com/Hitman-Pro-3/3000-2239_4-10895604.html) - Is the file still detected? If yes, shoot a note to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with a reference to this thread and we can assist to resolve the DB corruption issue
Forgot to mention the file was scanned with a2, mbam and uploaded to virustotal. Result's were clean.
I updated the VG database and scanned the file. The result was clean.
One more question if you don't mind.
Does VG auto update?
Yes, the frequency is on the preferences > Communications TAB in the Automatic updates section.
Oops. Completely missed that tab. I thought it was only for proxy. Anyways thank you Mike for the prompt responses.
Separate names with a comma.