Returnil Beta

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by trjam, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ok ColdMoon, time to come in from the cold.:cool:

Returnils beta 2.0.1 has been in beta, well, I dont think it has tied Prevx yet for longest beta but, what is the status. I mean where are they at and what are their plans. Thank you. Brrrrr.;)

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi trjam,
    We are getting closer to the next public release for a new 2.01 series Beta. This cycle has been slower because we have some unique things converging at the same time. Increased personnel, new, concurrent development projects, and a very difficult to isolate issue in the current software.

The current internal build addresses 3 of the 4 outstanding issues: password discovery, inability to commit content to disk on some Vista systems, and the IE crash issue when attempting to edit Favorites. The final issue (incompatibility with Vista hibernation) however has been extremely difficult to pin down as some Vista systems are effected while others are not. Further hampering our investigation of this issue was not being able to reproduce this in the lab. We have recently purchased some test systems that do have the issue so I expect that the team will have something to test soon (no time available yet).

Mike

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Mike. It is good to see it is still being actively developed. Good product so it will be intersting to see how this pans out. Personally with Vista, I think disabling the hibernation file thing is the best.

here

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

We recommend disabling hibernation in Vista as a current work-around but are dedicated to solving this issue with a high priority...

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It's quite clear by now Vista is been nothing short then a pure PITA. Wish they would never even drawed that spill to begin with seeing all the extra issues and work, not to mention expense that's cost global developers to meld their very excellent XP crafts to it, YUCK!

Anyway greets Coldmoon and your Returnil RVS is still performing on XP Pro as though it came with the system, no, strike that, better then the system it's on. :D

Happy Holidays

Thanks For Returnil!

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

where did you easter get ProcessGuard 3.5 i couldnt find it i found the 3.4 at download.com only

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You know Easter, you never miss the opportunity to miss the opportunity to slam MS for just about any snag of the internet. I mean really if I hated them so much I wouldn't even use XP or any of their software. Do you really see MS in 2020 still pushing XP? Why on earth a successful PRIVATE company would ever care about software acolytes' compatibility? Vista could very well survive without most if not all the third party software built around it.

You say YUCK, why not pick linux or Mac, at least your attitude would be a bit more credible.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Don't tempt me :D

If not for all the fantastic art software and business plus security applications that work to perfection and are a joy to work with on XP, i would definitely shift to a diff O/S as you suggest. Hmmm, still might yet one day.

Thanks for the tip though, maybe i do need to read into those other O/S's more. And AFAIK vista still is been nothing but a troubler for many, and i think thats a downright shame for those who held such high expectations of it as well as developers who have to go way out of their way to accommadate it.

9. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Since you enjoy tinkering with XP with all those antivirus, antispyware, and HIPS then you'll hate Linux. You'll have nothing to do except surf the web. There is the thrill of learning a new OS (which can take awhile), but afterward, once you know your way around, boredom can set in. You'll soon miss all those things that you no longer need in Linux. I suggest you not try.

Later....:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.