Returnil AntiExecute & Comodo AntiExe ?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by karad, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

Is activation of Returnil AntiExecute without conflict with Comodo's D+ Anti-Exe tool?
    and,moreover,is it worth enabling if you already run the latter?
    My impression is it might be worth trying IF they dont conflict.
    Anybody using the two together?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi karad,
    I can't tell you if they are incompatible. If you try them together, please do so within a virtual machine (VMWare, VPC, etc) before attempting to try them on a primary or production system.

Mike

3. karad

karad Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Coldmoon,at the moment I dont run a virtual machine,but I ran both anti executables for a couple of days-even setting Returnil antiexec when protection was on-with comodo's set on normal ,and the system didnt show anything blue or freezing......but it was just a brief period of time.
    As with Comodo the tool is set to block .exe files ,but you can add a wide range at will, I was wondering if Returnil tool is as omnicomprehensive as Comodo.
    I'd rather use the most efficient than risking a conflict in the hour of peril....

4. Coldmoon

If you already have a prefered, full-featured HIPS solution, the AE tool in RVS is redundant. Using two utilities that address the same thing is not usually a good idea...

HTH
    Mike

5. karad

karad Registered Member

It is not really preferred,but,if Returnil tool wont offer more protection I think i'll heed your advice and stick to the tool belonging to a HIPS, Returnil can do its good job nonetheless.
    I am actually taking advantage of a one year trial of the Premium and I will surely buy it at the end of the year, even though I dont use anti-Exec and very,very seldom might save files with the File Manager.
    After one or two years use of the free program in RAM mode with spectacular results I now use the pro in disk mode with equal satisfaction: not a glitch and very light,but i'm using XPPro....
    Will Returnil be available for windows7?

6. Coldmoon

Yes :)

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

One year trial of the Premium? Did I miss that on their website? Could you provide a link please, thank you. :thumb:

Acadia

8. karad

karad Registered Member

Sorry Acadia,but the offer for a year trial dates back more than three months and ,if i remember correctly,was a Giveawayoftheday offer.
    Perhaps Coldmoon could adress you to a new one,if there's one now?

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, thanks, karad. Ya win some and ya lose some. :doubt:

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.