returnil and virus definition updates

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by dr pan k, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

I use various solutions along with returnil (NOD32, MBAM on demand etc..) How do i get them to update when system safe is on ?
    tnx in advance for y time

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Updates will happen and the AV will function as expected. The only difference is that any updates you applied while virtualized will be lost with a restart. When you boot into Windows again and have your AV configured to update automatically, it will simply download and apply the missing updates.

One idea here that has been discussed in past threads on the topic is to apply a maintenance day (perhaps on the weekends) where you disable RVS System Safe and then apply the updates "permanently".

Mike

3. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

tnx for the quick reply mike.
    isnt there a solution like indicating in some way a specific path or exclusion list to the virtual machine ? i know my questions may be naive but im only now discovering the potential of returnil.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Yes, there is a way (file/folder exclusions), but will not be available until the next series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.