Returnil and GesWall

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by s4u, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Where do Returnil and Geswall are complementary to eachother and where do they clash?

Can I use Returnil without a regular AV?

2. ypestis

ypestis Guest

For a short time I used GeSWall free along with Returnil Premium edition.
    I had several BlueScreen errors,that ended when GeSWall was removed.

These Blue screens could occur at anytime,but seemed to happen most at shutdown.
    I regret that I did not make an effort to disable restart,and obtain the text of the error message,so I really do not know what the issue was.

Nevertheless,on my system, at least, Geswall and Returnil did not get along.
    I now use Sandboxie Free with Returnil,and all is trouble free.

I do not use Realtime AV,and my on-demand scans are all clean.
    I feel fairly safe.
    If I did online banking,or a lot of credit card transactions online,i would
    feel better with a real time guard.

Edit: to echo and agree with Karad,Keyscrambler is a great low overhead addition.
    I would not be without it on Firefox or IE.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  3. karad

karad Registered Member

Contrary to ypestis experience mine was very good: i used both Returnil and GesWall in a couple of computers without any trouble whatsoever. I'm talking about Geswall Free,anyway,which mainly takes care of the browser's activities only. Now I'm only using the combination in one pc as I purchased Prevx for the other one,so it would have been a bit of an overkill.
    In my notebook I ran for a few months Returnil (free),Geswall Free AND PrevxEdge Free without any glitch,they were all very light and integrating perfectly. Obviously, the pay version of them all might pose a few problems if run simultaneously,especially when something obnoxious is found out, but I never tried that.
    I find that a usefull addition to either Geswall or Returnil is certainly KeyScrambler (free-personal), which adds a lot of protection and is very light.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    Thanks for the heads up re GeSWall. Can you try to reproduce the issue and let us know the exact text of any errors (especially critical stop errors)?

Mike

5. ypestis

ypestis Guest

Coldmoon,

I am sorry, it has been maybe three months since I had GesWall on my
    machine.
    Since Karad ran the Returnil and GesWall without problems,It may have just been a quirk of my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.