returnil 2010 home free help

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by adz63, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adz63

adz63 Registered Member

ok so i downloaded this today and i cannot turn the system safe on.. a box keeps cominig up saying failed have tried reinstalling but just wont work , any suggestions

also will the anti virus built into it conflict with avira

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

There shouldn't be an intrinsic issue between the embedded F-Prot and Avira, particularly in a fashion that leads to this result.

On installation, was Avira fully disabled? I have seen AV's being somewhat a problem with install/uninstall procedures.

Are there any clues in the Windows Event Viewer or the RVS log files? By the way, what OS and do you have other security software installed or have you tweaked the OS?

Blue

3. adz63

adz63 Registered Member

hi thanks for the reply , but im not really the best on computers.

i have avira, malwarebytes paid version, superantispyware free, sophos antirootkit

vista 32bit home premium

no avira was not disabled , i never have it disabled and have not had any problems with anyother thing apart from the system safe not working

4. BlueZannetti

No problem. Just ask if anything seems unclear.
    Occassionally, the realtime monitors of security products can view some of the installation operations as similar to malicious activity since you're basically implementing some low level changes in the environment. As I recall, the Sophos antirootkit is a straight scanner, so it shouldn't be an issue. I believe this also holds for the free version of SAS.

Before disabling anything, I'd check the logfiles for Avira and Malwarebytes to see if there are any items indicating a block action on installation or attempted activation. I would assume it's the latter since the install was not flagged by RVS. Depending on options available in Avira/Malwarebytes (I don't use either), you may be able to define an exclusion (i.e. have the realtime monitor ignore specific executable files).

Should work fine here.

Well, since the System Safe is really the prime functionality of RVS, it's a reasonably significant item. Most of the needed information should be contained in the various logfiles kept by Avira/Malwarebytes/RVS.

Blue

5. adz63

adz63 Registered Member

thanks for all your help i will look at the log files and see if what everything says , and if i get stuck i will copy and paste on here

6. BlueZannetti

Sounds good.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.