Retrunil Failed to restore changes

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by madhouserevival, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madhouserevival

madhouserevival Registered Member

I just tried the free version and enabled the Safe. I then installed a program and browsed some pages. I always save my open tabs. Later on Returnil found and removed a suspect file. This is all while I have the safe enabled.

Upon reboot my open tabs had not changed and the suspect file was not in the original location (not sure it was dangerous to begin with). Did I do something wrong? Do I need to enable "wipe all disk changes at startup"??

Note I used a slightly older version of Returnil. Thank.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi madhouserevival and welcome to the forums :)

What did you do to enable the System Safe virtualization (tray icon or through the GUI)? Also, do you have your programs/data on separate drives?

Mike

3. madhouserevival

Thanks, glad to be here. Impressive software.

I used the GUI. The file that was removed was on a separate hard drive and, now that I think of it, I have my Firefox profiles on that drive, too! Makes sense now. :oops:

Somehow I got the idea that Returnil applied to the whole system rather than just the OS drive. Thanks.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

That is what I thought. If you are interested in multi-partition virtualization it will be coming to the 3x series and is available with RVS Lite 2011 Beta now.

Mike

5. madhouserevival

That's good news. Hope it won't cost too much. I love Malwarebytes, but I blocks good ips and sometimes lets spyware (meaning browser hijackers) get through. I've scanned know infections and it didn't recognize them. Ran Asquared and it found too many things (had to reinstall Windows after using it LOL). Your software seems to be a little stricter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.