Retrieve tib files from backup server, URGENT

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MatB, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatB

MatB Registered Member

Hi,
    I had an HDD crash, i'm trying to restore a backup from the backup server.
    The boot CD which i built with the Media Rescue Bilder (ATIW 9.1) cannot connect to the network; no network card is recognized.
    The User Guide doesn't help either.
    I need to get then the *.tib files on a usb hdd from the backup server. How can i do this, the files names are hexadecimal chars, and in ATI console or ATI workstation i see no way to export to tib.
    Please help, or i'm doomed.

MatB

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you considered installing another NIC in the workstation so that you can connect with the network server? Even if you have to "borrow" a PCI card from another computer, it would be a solution. Try booting the other workstations with the recovery CD. Borrow a NIC from one that can see the server after booting from the CD.

3. MatB

MatB Registered Member

I have some spare PCI NICs, but the computer is a notebook.
    Is there really no way to get the data? it astoundes me that nobody at Acronis foreseen this need.
    What good is my backup if i cannot recover it?

4. MatB

MatB Registered Member

*bump*

5. ade_01

ade_01 Registered Member

Have you tried using the BartPE CD that can support the Acronis plugin?
    The BartPE CD contains many NIC drivers and one of them may well support the NIC in your laptop.
    If your laptop NIC is not supported then you can add drivers fairly easily yourself.
    Have a look here : http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/#download

Another course of action would be to connect an external USB hard drive to your back up server and copy the .tib file to that. Then connect it to your laptop, the BartPE CD should have no problem seeing the USB drive and this will omit the need for NIC drivers.

I am assuming that in both suggestions listed above you are able to access the Acronis plugin for BartPE, I am using True Image Echo Server, which comes with the plugin - not sure about the version you are using.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  6. MatB

MatB Registered Member

BartPE works.
    It would have been way easier to get the tib files directly. This feature would save the hassle of creating a BartPE boot CD.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MatB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that the feature to export files from Acronis Backup Server was added starting with Acronis True Image Echo.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Boot the computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, remove the "quiet" parameter and wait for # prompt to appear;
    - Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    asamba dhcp -n > asa_dhcp.txt
    asamba masters > asa_mast.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt, asa_dhcp.txt, asa_mast.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the network card you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.