Result of NOD32 in newest AV test

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Nephilim, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim Registered Member

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

What's crappy about the results? You can't win them all.

But I do agree about response times, they are becoming really bad lately, and unless eset fix their email account problems, they will keep loosing in detection rate, because we're submitting samples that are magically getting lost. Either they fix this or people are going to stop submitting files because I for one are getting tired of the "We didn't get your emails, please send it again". Well there's your problem ESET you're loosing detection because you're loosing email samples.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    could you please PM me your email address and the date you submitted samples to samples[at]eset.com? There's nothing wrong with our email server, but it's true that some people may have problems sending email through certain mail servers if they block or strip attachments so I'd like to check if we have actually received your samples.

IMHO, dozens of thousands of new malware variants are created on a daily basis so if one sends a couple of samples it's just a drop in the ocean which won't make noticable difference in detection. However, they are important as it's our goal to keep our users protected and help them remove malware once some happens to slip through AV protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.