Rests of old viruses, with new nod 32 install.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by trekkie, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trekkie

trekkie Registered Member

Hi,

A "friend" of mine reinstalled windows for me the other day. He also claimed I would be better off with Nod 32. He installed some sort of trial version with a fix.

I have been using this for some days, but I've become very sceptical, and I've Googled this fixed version. I figured out that it was some sort of hidden virus, and I've decided to uinstall it. I saw in Add/Remove programmes that there where this Nod32 fix there. I've uninstalled it, and I uninstalled Nod 32.

I really liked Nod 32's interface and it's small memory usage, and decided to go buy it. But i wonder if there can be any left of that stupid cracked version, or some reg file or something that can tear up my new nod 32 installasion or updates? Or does a valid nod 32 kill any left overs after a cracked version?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try the online scanner. http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

What he did was install legit NOD32 and 'crack' it for you which makes it work without you having to buy it. This is illegal, but nonetheless he was trying to help you and did not put anything on your system that would put you in danger.

I think NOD32 is the best antivirus out there and it was a good idea to purchase it. Just uninstalling and re-installing with a legit key will work fine.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ trekkie

1. I would make sure that both the fix and NOD32 itself no longer appear in Control Panel - Add/Remove programs (If any of them is present , uninstall it)
    2. Then goto C:\Program files and delete the folder named ESET
    3. Open Start -> Run . Type regedit.exe and press ENTER
    4. Carefully navigate to HKey_current user -> Software and delete "the folder" with name ESET
    5. Carefully navigate to HKey_local machine -> Software and delete "the folder" with name ESET

6. Close regedit

7. Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    Full paid version
    8. Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded . Use "Typical" install

9. Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall. Then Update NOD32 !

10. ENJOY :thumb:

help :eek: :eek:

It is illegal to (kill) , but nonetheless (he) was trying to help (somebody) ...

5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Yes, good intentions, bad methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.