restricted sites

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by PhilipCataldo, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilipCataldo

PhilipCataldo Registered Member

Hello:

Great products.

I had this problem and can't find an answer anywhere. There are two sites I want to restrict access to on my computer. web.tickle.com and www .Doubleclick.com/us

I have added both to my restricted site zone on IE6 but for some reason if I try a test, instead of being restricted, I am brought to these sites. Now I see that Doubleclick.com is in the restricted list of SpyWare Blaster but for some reason I am not restricted from these sites.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I expecting too much?

The tickle site is particularly annoying. I originally put the base address www .tickle.com in my restricted zone on Internet options and when I ran a test instead of being stopped I was forwarded to web .tickle.com. I entered the web.tickle.com to my restricted zone, but I am still being sent there.

In addition to helping with this problem, if anyone has a couple of good books I should read to learn more about security issues I would appreciate the tittles.

Thanks

Phil Cataldo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2004
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Phil....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

When you place a site in the Restricted Zone of IE....that does not prevent you from going to that site....it restricts what type of HTML code can execute. For example....almost all settings in the Restricted Zone by default is disabled....and one of those settings is Script and in the case of IE....Active script . When you visited web.tickle.com....it was restricted from executing any Active script.

Link of interest....besides the 2 under my name:
    How to Use Wild Cards When You Add Web Sites to Security Zones

3. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

Reading between the lines, I get the impression your browser is being hijacked to these sites. Try this: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/articles/hijacked/#applets

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I think spybot blocks doublclick. I'va had warnings on a couple of sites that spybot has blocked it.
    Cheers,
    Buck.

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Phil, you can try editing the HOSTS file by entering the site's URL and giving the IP as 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1 whichever you like. this should stop those sites from opening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.