Restricted Sites Protection of SpyBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Justice, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice

Justice Registered Member

Hi there,

Occasionally, I find several items of the Restricted Sites protection of SpyBlaster disabled. What could possibly be the cause and how could I prevent it? Help.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Justice,

Are you using any other programs that place Restricted Sites into Internet Explorer ?

We have also found that after users scan with their Adware\Spyware programs....those programs will produce False positives for valid registry entries dealing with Restricted Sites placed in the registry by SpywareBlaster.

When it happens again....Please provide as much detail as possible(registry entry if any, list of sites you are finding unchecked....etc)....and maybe that can help determine the cause.

3. Justice

Hi Bubba,

I have SpyBot, AdAware, IE-Spyad among others. I have not actually checked which of the sites have their protection disabled. I just noticed that in some instances when I opened SpyBlaster it says....i.e."7 items have protection disabled".

I will write again when the problem occurs. Thanks a lot.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just remember that if you use Spybot's Immunize function....one of the features it has is to add Restricted Sites....like SpywareBlaster does. Since there is considerable overlap between the Restricted sites added by each....if you Undo Spybot's Immunize feature....it will remove it's Restricted Sites that it placed in the registry. When it does....some of the same entries that SpywareBlaster placed there will be shown as disabled. The same applies with uninstalling IE-Spyad....if you remove it's entries....SpywareBlaster will then show some sites disabled.

5. Justice

For the past two days, I scanned my computer with anti-spyware programs.
    On the first day, I used SpyBot S & D and AdAware. On the second day, I used the Microsoft anti-spyware. I then opened SpyBlaster and on both occasions, I noticed that the the protection against the following four items
    in the Restricted Sites were disabled, namely:

CoolWebSearch -(1295) - Searchmiracle.com
    MediaTickets - mt-download.com
    MSCache - skoobidoo.com
    SearchBarCash - searchbarcash.com

Could it be a spyware causing this changes? Or is it just a side effect of the other anti-spyware programs that I am using?

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

7. Justice

Hi LowWaterMark,

Thanks for the very enlightening information. I now have an idea on
    what possibly is causing the removal of SpyBlaster protection on some items
    in its Restricted Sites. The jitters in me could relax.

Thank you so much to you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.