Restricted sites not restricted?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Stijnson, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi, I just installed and tried SpywareBlaster.
    After clicking 'Enable all protection' all items were 'enabled'.
    However, when I randomly type in the URL of one of the restricted sites (both in IE and FF) nothing prevents me from going there. Is this as it should be.
    All IE does is show the 'restricted website' icon on the bottom of the screen.
    What does this mean and is this normal SWB behaviour?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes and as the name "restricted" implies, it restricts what html code can be executed when going to sites listed in Spywareblasters database. With IE 7 the default Restricted Zone settings are all set for disabled, excusing a few that have prompt or in the case of phising and popup blocker, they are set to enable.

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Thanks for the explanation Bubba. The same applies to FF I think? I do most of my browsing with FF so I'd like to know how SpywareBlaster deals with sites loaded with FF.

EDIT: Sorry Bubba, I just read your reply to an earlier post where you say that SWB only offers cookie protection for FF. So the 'Restricted Sites' also only apply to IE? Are there plans to implement more FF options in SWB as far as you know? Cookie protection can also be obtained by installing the CookieSafe plugin in FF of course.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  4. captgooch

captgooch Registered Member

I have a similar problem.
    I use FF exclusively and have noticed that when I open up SWB the FF protection items are all disabled.
    SO ....
    I "enable all protections" and all is well UNTIL I close the SWB page. If and or when I reopen it [SWB] the FF items are all disabled again.

What would be turning off the protections in SWB BUT only for FF ?

I have taken to opening SWB, re-enabling all protections and then minimizing [rather than closing] SWB Before I go online.

Anybody recognize this glitch ? What's to be done ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.