restricted sites list

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by raymond119053, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymond119053

raymond119053 Registered Member

I am using ie7 and was reading the sunbelt blog about bad sites. One of the sites is asafetypage(dot)com , the ip address for this domain is 85.255.116.214 and that ip is in the iespyads restricted sites list as 85.255.116.*.
    When I tested this however it came up on my screen in the internet zone. I did a trace route and the domain and ip matched up. I entered the actual name to the restricted sites list and retested and it was now in the restricted sites zone.
    Has ie7 done away with blocking by ip address does anyone know? I am also using zoned out to manage the restricted sites list and I don't know if that could have anything to do with it.
    There are alot of ip address's in iespyads which could be useless.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you using IE-SPYAD or IE-SPYAD2 ?

Also....whether I manually import the ie-ads.reg file or use ZonedOut to import ie-ads.txt file....IE7 recognizes the 85.255.116.* CoolWebSearch IP Block entry when I visit 85.255.116.214.

I would suggest using ZonedOut to remove all Restricted Site entries and then re-importing the IE-SPYAD for ZonedOut file making sure the Current Key and Current Zone in ZonedOut are properly selected.

Bubba

3. raymond119053

raymond119053 Registered Member

hello Bubba,
    I am using iespyads for zoned out. I just downloaded version 3.2 yesterday and I am noticing that I cannot paste new sites into because the main context menu keeps popping up when I right click. I have no idea why mine is not working but I think I am going to clean out all entries in the restricted sites and go with iespyads2 and see if that works.
    Thanks for letting me know that yours is working, adding in site names was not something I was really looking forward to.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes....that context menu does not have Copy as a selection. What you have to use is the Ctrl+C keyboard command for Copy when you want to input items in ZonedOut's Url: or Find: Window.

If you have not read the IE-Spyad ReadMe.txt file I suggest you do so and be advised there are possible side effects when using IE-Spyad2.

You are very Welcome and let us know how it goes.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.