Restricted Sites - 1 item unprotected

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by patflgn, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patflgn

patflgn Registered Member

Each day for about the last 2 weeks, when I open SpywareBlaster, I see that in the Restricted Sites category, 1 item has protection disabled. I enable it so that 0 items have protection disabled. This repeats daily.

I also run Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 (daily scans overnight). Checking the logs, nothing found that relates to this that I can determine.

Spybot 1.6.2 (daily scans overnight). Always returns No immediate threats found after scan.

I've tried scrolling down the list of Restricted Sites in SpywareBlaster, but as long as the list is, I've essentially burned out the mouse wheel and my eyes (OK, a slight exaggeration). I have completely scrolled through it at a reasonably slow pace all the way once, and I don't see any items unchecked.

I'm wondering if there's an easier way to check the list to find out which 1 item Spyware Blaster is telling me is disabled?

Thanks,
    Pat

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. patflgn

patflgn Registered Member

snowbound,

It is indeed XTROcash(2). Thank you. I see SpywareBlaster even highlights it in red in the list, so I simply missed it during the scroll.

I'd heartily agree with the poster in the thread snowbound linked to that "I'd like to suggest to Javacool that he make it easier to locate the items with disabled protection, when a user sees that is the case. Currently one must scroll through the 11,171 items looking for the red text, and it gets a little tedious".

In the linked thread, there is a reply with a link to a forum at Spybot referencing Bitman's post there. If anyone else is having this issue, I'd suggest reading that also.

Thanks again snowman. Newbie here, so I'm going to try to close this thread if I can figure out how. All the information you need on this is in the thread snowbound linked to.

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.