RESTRICTED SITE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by jenny_v, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenny_v

jenny_v Registered Member

AFTER A MONTH OF "FIGTHING" WITH TROJANS,HIJACKED PAGES AND...A LOT OF WORK TO GET RID OF THEM,I FOLLOWED THE ADVISE OF THE FORUM TO INSTALL THE SPYWARE BLASTER.
    NOW...I DON T KNOW IF THIS 2 IS CONNECTED ,BUT AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF THE PROGRAM I CANT VISIT A SITE A HAVE PAID FOR.IT S A BIG,VERY WELL-KNOWN COMPANY AND THIS SITE IS A TOOL FOR MY JOB.WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN, IT GETS ME TO ANOTHER PAGE WHICH SAYS THAT A PROBLEM OCCURED OR IT DISCONNECT ME FROM THE SITE .I SEND A MAIL AND TODAY I RECEIVED THIS MAIL : We are sorry for the difficulties you encounter to visit http://www.artprice.com

1. In order to increase security on our service,
    we identify your account with a cookie.

So, if the cookie option is not validated on your browser,
    you have to accept cookie for a proper use of our service.

MY INTERNET SECURITY ZONE IS MEDIUM AND I TRIED ONCE TO DISABLE ALL PROTECTION OF THE BLASTER BUT IS EXACTLY THE
    SAME.I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT AFTER I LOG IN .AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SITE THE ICON OF RESTRICTED SITES APPEARS.(THE SAME HAPPENED AND WHEN I DISABLED THE BLASTER)
    ANY IDEAS ? I AM USING WINDOWS XP

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jenny, I moved your post to a forum that may give you a better response.

BTW Please do not use capitol letters as it is deemed as shouting. :D

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yes Jenny, that is a restricted site as defined by SWB.

edited: nope, more likely IEspyAds

OK... to fix it, you can look in SWB IE's Restricted sites listings and UNcheck it.... if you can find it... I did not bother to look as I check IE's Restricted Sites first.

could not find it in SWB sooooooo........

In IE...Tools/Internet Options/Security TAB, Restricted / Sites, scroll till you find it and select it then delete and OK on way out.

see screenie...

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 028.GIF
      028.GIF
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  4. Tassie_Devils

btw, sorry, forgot to welcome you to forums.... :)

I tried going to the site in Firefox, it asked to accept a cookie, I denied, then I checked with IE and sure enough I saw the 'red' Restricted Site Icon in IE's window so checked IE's Restricted Sites listings first.

I just checked SWB's listings, and cannot find it there, but it must have listed it under a general name, as I did not put any sites' in my restricted list apart from SWB's.

Cheers, TAS

edit: The only thing I could see in SWB relating to "art" were these two entries.

Coolwebsearch... hmmmmmm...... source of your problems?? I honestly do not know that site artprice.com.... but to have it listed in Restricted Sites must be a reason.

Attached Files:

• 029.GIF
      029.GIF
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  5. dog

dog Guest

It could be an entry from IE-Spyad. ;) ... but none the less TAS's instructions should correct the problem.

dog - *puppy*

6. Tassie_Devils

ROFL... arrrgggghhhhhh.... yep.. forgot IESpyads.. yep, I do have that installed... ROFL... see... paranoia can cloud the brain matter dog... *puppy* *puppy*

Cheers mate and thanks... TAS

PS: So I guess that makes SWB's question a moot point, but it certainly raises the question of why Eric has it listed...

TAS

7. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... we're two peas in a pod :D - "paranoia" another trait we share :D :ninja: ... among others ;)

Cheers my Friend, ;)

Steve

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

artprice.com is indeed listed in IE-Spyads latest download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.