Restricted browser-Help Me !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Gajendra, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gajendra

Gajendra Registered Member

Restrcted browser-Help Me !!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,
    I had a browser hijack about 2 months back and that time I downloaded some software to restore my browser. That includes Ad Aware, Spybot, Spywareblaster, Hijack This and Toolbar cop.
    After removing all the spy wares from my system and restoring the browser it is working fine. But Now I have a problem that my browser is restricted and it doesn't allow me to view some websites, like one of my hospital website. Even when I try to log in Hotmail account. The first page says that Hotmail doesn't support my browser. then it provides 2 option " Download IE 6.0" or "continue using Hotmail". The other thing is when I try to compose any message it doesn't show the rich text format in which you can change the color and font of the text.
    The same thing happened to the Yahoo mail. Now I don’t have the rich text format options on the top of my text box. that is usually in there if you want to change the color and font and for emoticons.
    I tried to remove all the program and files of these all softwares, but even then I couldn't restore the original settings of the browser. I tried to change the browser security settings but it didn't help. Even I tried to restore my complete system to a back date to restore to the original settings, but every time I tries that, it shut down and restart after some time with a window popped up that it is unable to restore the settings to the system restore check point and says to choose another date. I tried different date but every time the same result.
    I am not a computer pro, just a medical person and I know this much which I tried, but I am unable to restore my original browser.
    My browser is still the Microsoft internet explore but restricted.
    As even the address bar of the Hotmail says browser limit. I am pasting it here. http://by18fd.bay18.hotmail.msn.com...F000000001&a=985833e9b069a506e7ba68eb1fdcca57
    Even it doesn't highlight any link and if you want to go to the link directly form the mail, then you can't.
    The web pages of some website doesn't displayed completely.I downloaded all these programs again and run all these. There is no spyware in my system but I am unable to use the luxary of the rich text in mail.
    Could you please help in this matter? I know that you are busy too but could you please spare some time for me?
    Thanks,
    Gajendra

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Re: Restrcted browser-Help Me !!!!!!!!

dear Gajendra, what is the version of your browser? have you tried repairing it from the uninstallation program?

3. Gajendra

4. Gajendra

5. Gajendra

Thanks for your reply. I had 5.1 but after repeatedly annoying messege from Hotmail login page I downloaded IE 6.0, but it is still the same. Hotmail does not support your browser. Operating system XP professional. Also have Nortan anti virus and Nortan internet security.

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

IE 6.0 needs a service pack too. but i don't think it should fix the problem with Hotmail. go to this page http://special.msn.com/insidemsn.armx and click on the HELP link provided in the lower-right corner of that page. hope that'll help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.