Restoring to last known working config?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BobCobb, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobCobb

BobCobb Registered Member

I just purchased TI 9.0 and need to restore my PC to the last valid config. I currently get the BSOD after windows xp boots. Can someone advise the proper steps to restore my PC before I do a backup. TIA!

2. BobCobb

BobCobb Registered Member

Could someone please give me some help on this. I don't want to screw this up and would really appreciate advice to help me get my PC operational. Or, should I just start restore process and wing it? :doubt:

thanks-

3. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your position.

Did you succeed to create an image of your system disk with TI while the disk was still healthy? If you didn't, you should try a repair installation of Windows from the Win installation CD and if that fails a fresh one.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Addendum

If what you meant was Windows' own Last Known Good Configuration feature, you access it by pressing F8 as soon as the booting process starts and by selecting that option from the Advanced Options menu with the help of arrow keys and Enter.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BobCobb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can understand, you did not create an image of a "healthy" computer (before you start receiving BSODs). In this case I'm afraid you cannot restore your system to a working state using Acronis True Image 9.0. It is required to have a beforehand created image in order to be able to restore your system. You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide. You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 FAQ page helpful.

If that's not the case and you have created an image prior you started to receive BSODs but can not restore this image for some reason then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- What operating system do you use?

- What build number of Acronis True Image 9.0 do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window;

- Where do you store your image?

- Did you receive any error messages? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.