Restoring split image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lroa, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lroa

Lroa Registered Member

When I took the image it automatically split it into 3 images. How can I restore these again?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Lroa,

Sounds as if the destination drive for the image is FAT32 rather than NTFS. No problem though, just select any one of the three .tib files and TI will recognise that it's part of a split image and work out the correct restore order by itself.

Regards

3. mareke

mareke Registered Member

If Acronis split the image into 3 parts without you specifying this then it is probably because you are using the Fat 32 file system on the drive that you stored the image on and Acronis split the image so that the image parts are no larger than 4GB (fat 32 won’t allow single files bigger than 4GB). If you want to restore the image it is no different to when it is a single image. If by ‘how can I restore these again’ you meant how can you turn the image into 1 single image the 3 images can't be combined and if my guess about the file system is correct you would have to format the drive you store the images on using NTFS file system to be able to have a single image rather than split images.

4. Lroa

Lroa Registered Member

No, doesn't work and yes the image storage drive is a FAT32.

5. Lroa

Lroa Registered Member

Yes, I wanted to restore my pc and if I understand you correctly this will not be possible due to the fact that my storage drive has the FAT32 file system.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lroa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

Please make sure all three parts are in the same folder. After that please launch "Restore Image" wizard and choose any part of the image. If you have any problems please describe what happens and we will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Lroa

Lroa Registered Member

I've tried restoring and with all three. Same result in all cases the PC fails to boot, says no bootdevice.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lroa,

Could you please tell whether you created the image of single partition orof the whole drive? The problem is that only if you create the image of the whole disk the MBR is included into the image. We do not guarantee that you will be able to boot the computer if you restore only one partition. Please try to fix MBR in the way described at Acronis Help Post or using Windows Installation CD. If this doesn't help please create new image of the whole disk. This will work for you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.