Restoring images from a Rescue Disk

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by metalforlife, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalforlife

metalforlife Registered Member

A silly question. If I store my images on CDs or DVDs, then, if I boot from my Rescue Disk to restore an image, wouldn't I have to remove the rescue disk and insert the disk with the image, for restoration? If so, then how would my PC read my imaging-software which is on the now evicted Rescue Disk?

Does it have to do something with the bootable CD being loaded into the memory?

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Yes. Once loaded in memory, you can remove the rescue disk and instert the one with the backed up images to proceed with the restore process. At least this is how it works with Acronis and ShadowProtect.

3. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

If it's an ATI image and if recorded on CDs, or more than one DVD, I think
    they have to be inserted in a specific order, such as the *last* created CD first,
    then the rest in order starting with the one which was created first.

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

You should consider NOT storing images on DVDs. Instead, use an external hard drive. People report all sorts of problems with DVD backups, one of which is sitting in front of the computer swapping DVDs in and out repeatedly. Also, if one DVD in a set is faulty, the whole backup is lost. External hard drive is much safer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.