Restoring Image on PERC Hardware RAID Card

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2marshall8, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2marshall8

2marshall8 Registered Member

Here's my situation:

I will be moving a server that is currently using two independent disks into a RAID 1 setup on a PERC RAID card from Dell on a PowerEdge 1900. I have created the image of all the partitions you see in the attached screenshot (partition_layout.jpg) using acronis true image enterprise 9.1

My question is: When I setup my RAID and bootup to the acronis cd will I be able to restore these partitions in the following format so that Windows sees them as they were before and can reference them as things were, before I did this re-image? Will there be hardware issues now that I'm on a PERC RAID card?

RAID 1 Disk 0 - 250GB
    C:\SYSTEM - 40GB
    D:\DATA - Rest of Disk

As you can see the partition sizes will change and now Windows will see it all as if it's on one disk. Will this setup work?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 2marshall8,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup software

This scenario is possible but you will do the following:

1) Prepare your operating system with Microsoft System Preparation Tool or use Acronis Universal Restore Addon
    Please check this link for additional information.

2) If you're not going keep EISA partition then you will need to rebuild your boot.ini file. Please boot your computer up with Windows Recovery Media (right after the restoration process), enter Recovery Console and issue the following command:

BOOTCFG /rebuild

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.