Restoring image of XP in 2nd partition and setting boot-mgr

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mmassoth, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmassoth

mmassoth Registered Member

Hello all!

I did a full BUP of my 20GB notebook HD with TI8.0.
    Now I want to restore it to a 60 GB HD with primary partitions 1 and 2 containing the XP-image respectively and partition 3 being usable from both XP-installations.

How can I adjust the boot-manager (using XP ath the moment) to show me a selection of the two primary partitions?

Mthx for your answers and best regards,

mma

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mmassoth,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transfer Software.

Could you please explain a little more what you want to perform? Please let me know what assumptions among the following are correct:
    1. You have the image of the whole disk which contains one system (Windows XP);
    2. You have new empty disk;
    3. You want to create 3 partitions: two of which should be the copy of each other and be the copy of the system partition in the image, the third partition being visible for both operating systems.

After you tell what is correct and what is not I will be able to advise you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. mmassoth

mmassoth Registered Member

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply - yes you are right in your assumptions.
    I have one hd with one partition (primary, Win XP, bootable), which I imaged.

Now I want to have on a new HD 2 primary partitions, both containing the same image mentioned above and both bootable via XP bootmanager and I am wondering, how to achieve to make both bootable with TI 8.0.

Mthx for your answer and best regards,

mma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.