Restoring from network share using rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ncemeadows, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncemeadows

ncemeadows Registered Member

Trying to restore a PC from a network share on my server using the rescue media. When attempting to connect to the share that has the image files, I'm prompted for username and password. Doesn't matter whether I simply use username
    password

or

domain name/username
    password

I'm immediately given the same logon prompt again. I know there was an issue with an earlier build about the logon not working properly using the software itself. Chance that the rescue media builder didn't include that fix? Help would be appreciated, I have a workstation down that needs to get back up and working.

Oh yes, using TI Corporate v8b1124

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ncemeadows,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know: do you use DHCP and did you try to enter IP-address?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

??
    Try domain name\username

4. ncemeadows

ncemeadows Registered Member

Yes we use DHCP and it was receiving an IP address as I could see the PCs on the network under "Computers Near Me"

Tried both

username
    password

and

domain\username
    password

and

fqdn\username (domain.local\username)
    password

5. Ian's dad

Ian's dad Guest

HI ,
    Your problem sounds vary similar to a problem I have experienced lately. The machine I was attempting to restore an image from was not on a domain and I also was able to see it in my directory tree but, was unable to logon. To resolve my problem, I changed the LAN Management Authentication Level on the machine I was retrieving the image from to support “Send LM & NTLM responses”. Many networks administrators are now implementing NTLMv2 which I think is incompatible with even the latest version of Acronis True Image. Maybe someone from Acronis will chime-in to verify Acronis software only supports the older LAN Management Authentication Level. I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.