Restoring from folders/files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by John Farrar, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Hello. I need to restore my C: drive but the TI11 image backup has recorded some hard drive errors so what I am thinking of doing is reformatting the C: drive and then restoring with a folder/file restore so that the drive errors are not replaced as well. (Using my boot CD)
    Should Windows work OK after that process? The registry etc. will be replaced as it was so is there any reason why it won't work? I realise it might take some time though.
    Thanks
    John

2. John Farrar

Anyone? Thanks

3. John Farrar

4 hours so far and still no finish in sight. All for 50GBo_O o_O o_O :(
    John

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Take a look at this posting by Acronis Support. It relates to a previous version but it is still applicable. I would certainly try their alternative; otherwise, you will have to install the operating system and all your programs before you copy your personal data from the Files & Folders Backup. Remember that Files & Folders backus are not bootable and does not copy hidden & system info. It is mainly for personal data.

Check this out and get back to us.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=130446#5

Also this posting about resizing.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1099614#4

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  5. John Farrar

GroverH
    Thank you very much for your valuable response. That has certainly given me some hope and I'll let you know the outcome.
    As I suspected, the folder/file restore did not work and it took nearly 10 hours. I think there is something seriously wrong with TI11 when it takes that long to copy 50gb of data to a clean harddrive (I had re-formatted it before restoring)
    Thanks again
    John

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
    Could you please let us know what in fact are the mentioned hard drive errors ? We need to know this cause the suggestions made by GroverH in this thread are applicable to the bad blocks on a drive situation only, the solutions provided wouldn't work in case of various file system errors that may take place.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.