Restoring from a multi-volume image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DRHamp, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRHamp

DRHamp Registered Member

I've used True Image for backup on several XP machines. Never had the need to do a restore until today (following SP2 install).

I have always used incremental backups (base backup and volume2 etc).

When doing a full partition/disk restore -- Do I select the base image, or the most current image to restore.

I know it's a noob question, but never done it before and can't find any help, so thought I'd try here.

Thanks in advance ...

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Select any image that you like. You can pick which backup you would like to restore with the resulting dialog.

3. DRHamp

DRHamp Registered Member

Thanks - I selected the most current incremental, and the disk was restored successfully.

An errant program went nuts (technical term) following the SP2 install. I couldn't even boot in Safe mode.

Booted from the Acronis True Image boot disk, restored to just prior to the SP2 install, removed the problem program, and re-installed SP2.

All is well! Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.